• The operator respects personal information provided by you.
• The operator will let you know if personal information is collected from you.
• The operator will not share information collected from you without your consent.
Information may be collected from you
• When you:
– deal with the operator over the telephone
– send the operator correspondence (eg letter, fax or email)
– visit the operator website
– deal directly with the operator in person
• Indirectly from a third party (eg travel agent, market research agency employed by us)
The operator may use personal information
• Process your information request,
• Process your travel arrangements,
• Update you of upcoming special offers to destinations of interest to you,
• Conduct marketing and market research related activities.
Disclosure to Third Parties
The operator can,
• Disclose your personal information to a third party if a particular function of the tour is not performed by the operator; or
• If it is required to do so by law.
Accessing, updating, deleting your personal details
• Access, update and delete your personal details via an email, facsimile or letter to the operator.
Security steps taken by the operator to protect your personal information
The steps taken to protect personal information are:
• Firewalls, pass worded access and encryption software; and
• Any upgraded or improvements in software or technology available from time to time
Changes to the operator’s privacy statement
• The privacy statement is available on the operator’s web site.
• The operator can amend/modify the privacy statement at its sole discretion.
• When visiting the operator’s website you do not have to reveal any personal information.
• When you register for tours, however, the operator will acquire information from you, which will include but is not limited to:
– your name,
– home or business address and e-mail address.
• The operator will advise you before collecting information from you on the website.
• You can electronically copy and print in hard copy parts of this site for:
– navigation on the site; or
– using it as a personal source.
• You are prohibited in using the material on this site for any purpose other than those noted above, without the prior written consent of the operator. If you do so you are in breach of copyright laws and the operator reserves its rights in this regard.
• You accept this Disclaimer by visiting this website.
• This site offers general content about the operator’s tours and operations.
• The operator will at all times make reasonable efforts to place accurate, current content on this site.
• The content, however,
– is not meant to constitute provision of professional services or advice by the operator
– is provided without any warranties by the operator (expressed or implied).
• Further, the operator does not warrant:
– that the functions contained in this site or its content will be uninterrupted or error-free; or
– that defects will be corrected; or
– that the site or its server are free of viruses or other harmful components.
• The operator will not be liable or responsible for any errors or omissions in the site content.
Links to other websites
• There may be links to other sites on this website
• There is no endorsement the operator of the contents of other websites
• You will be responsible for the use and activation of information, material, products and services contained on other websites.
The operator (www.mydetour.com.au) takes reasonable steps to preserve the security of any information you enter into this website.
If your browser is suitably configured, it will indicate whether or not the information you are sending to us is secure (or encrypted), using standard industry strength SSL (Secure Socket Layer) security.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure, therefore the operator cannot guarantee the security of any information or details that you transmit to us from this web site.
A secure site can be recognised by the padlock icon in your browser, and a web site address that begins with “https” – for example, https://www.mydetour.com.au
Please note that the operators web site will only convert to a secured site whenever credit card details (such as card numbers, etc) are collected, as secured pages will normally slow data transmission (due to the number of checks made when a secure connection is established).