The operator is My Detour (“Operator”).
Except as provided in the provisions of the Australian Trade Practices Act 1974, you will release the operator, its servants, agents or representatives as a result of participating in any tour of any liability for injury, death, damage, monetary loss or loss of property.
• Prices are in Australian Dollars
• all meals and beverages (where stated)
• all entry fees
• pre-departure information
• services of guide and driver; and
• Australian Goods and Services Tax
• travel accident/baggage/cancellation insurance
• optional tours and activities
• personal medical or accident evacuation costs
• your personal expenses Special tour packages
• The operator may from time to time offer set packages for participation in a specific tour which may involve a variation to the standard tour inclusions and exclusions as listed above.
• Special conditions may apply to these packages and the persons purchasing the package will be bound by these conditions.
4. Age of Participants
• If a child under the legal age (18 years) attends the tour, the parent/guardian takes full responsibility for the child.
• The parent/guardian agrees to these conditions on the child’s behalf.
5. Group Sizes
Vintage Vehicle: The tour is limited to a minimum of one passenger and a maximum of three people of the same group.
Luxury Vehicle: The tour is limited to a minimum of one passenger and a maximum of five people of the same group.
6. Booking Procedure
• Follow the Price Booking procedures contained in the website
• The operator will send you confirmation when the payment has been received.
Payments can be made by credit card via the website or PayPal and will be payable to the full Australian dollar value. Commencement of tour participation is subject to cleared funds being in the operator’s bank account.
7. Cancellation by Operator
• The operator will give you reasonable notice of cancellation and will give you a full refund of monies paid by you.
• You will not make a claim against the operator for any other loss suffered by you due to a cancellation.
The operator advises that you take out comprehensive Travel Insurance.
9. Variations to Tour
• The operator reserves the right to modify and change a tour itinerary due but not limited to changes in, weather or other operational conditions (road conditions, mechanical break downs, strikes, government regulations, illness or accidents of customers or tour guides, National Park management directives.) No refunds will be made in respect of these changes.
• You will not make a claim against the operator for any loss suffered by the modification and change.
• You may leave the tour at any time by giving notice to the tour leader. You will not be entitled to a refund and the operator will not be liable for any loss or damage you incur as a consequence of you leaving the tour.
• To participate in a tour you must be in good health.
• At the time of making the booking you must inform the operator of medical needs you may require for the tour.
• Non-smoking disciplines will apply to all tours to enhance the health and comfort of all participants as well as an environmental safeguard.
• You agree to obey and comply with all rules and/or directions made or given by the operator, its agents, representatives and other service providers, in connection with the tour.
• You will not act in a way that could endanger the welfare, enjoyment or safety of other participants in the tour or yourself.
• Your participation in the tour is conditional on your compliance with the operator and you upholding the ideals, values and practices of responsible travel, in that you will endeavour to avoid or minimise any negative impact on the environments, the wildlife and communities we visit, while using the tour to be personally informed and understand, to contribute to the well being of local people, businesses and communities.
• If you fail to comply with the operator’s rules and/or directions, you may not be permitted to continue in the tour, and no refund will be given.
• The operator is not liable for any loss or damage you incur as a consequence of not being permitted to continue the tour.
By participating in a tour you agree to be compliant with, bound by and supportive of the promoted travel ethic of the operator, in the best interests of the environment and all who wish to share it.
13. Complaints Procedure:
• If you have a complaint you must inform the tour leader first.
• If your complaint is not able to be resolved through the tour leader, your complaint must be in writing and forwarded to the operator within 30 days of the end of the tour.
• The operator will reply to you within 30 days of receiving your complaint.
14. Variation and Severability
• The operator reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without prior written notice at any time, at its sole discretion.
• Any attempt by you to modify, supplement or change these terms and conditions will be null and void unless agreed to in writing by the operator.
• If a Court finds part(s) of this agreement invalid those parts shall be severed.
• The remaining parts will remain binding between you and the operator.
15. Acceptance of Risk
• You and your guests acknowledge that you have read and understand fully the nature of the tour, you understand and accept the inherent risks associated with My Detour, physical exertion, sudden changes in weather extremes, exposure to varying types of hazards, remoteness from normal medical services and evacuation difficulties.
• You accept any responsibility for injury, loss, death or damage incurred or caused by you during the tour.
• You may be advised during the tour of dangerous activities not acceptable to the operator. You will be solely responsible for injury, death or damage, suffered as a result of a dangerous activity.
• In the event of injury or illness, you agree that the operator can, at your cost, arrange medical treatment or emergency evacuation considered necessary and essential to your safety and well-being.
16. Tour Guides and Drivers
• Tour guides will be mindful of each tour participant’s welfare, but they cannot ensure your personal safety and you must therefore exercise due care for your own well-being.
• You acknowledge that you (and your guests, if applicable) have read these Terms and Conditions and our Payment Policy.
• By making a reservation or booking with the operator you (and your guests, if applicable) have agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions & Payment Policy, even if the pages outlining the Terms and Conditions and Payment Policy are not signed by you.